Erica Rayner-Horn is a mindfulness-based psychotherapist in private practice in Seattle, and she specializes in integrating mindfulness in her work as a therapist, teacher, workshop leader and writer. She completed extensive post-graduate training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy and trained at the Center for Mindfulness in Massachusetts as an instructor of the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program. Erica leads workshops on mindfulness, meditation, stress reduction and related topics throughout the Northwest and has taught at cancer support groups for CancerLifeline, for local hospitals including Evergreen, Northwest, and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and has presented at the University of Washington. Recent activities include: instructing an 8-week Mindful Eating program as part of a research study for the V.A. Hospital, an interview on the subject of Mindful Parenting by Seattle Child Magazine and an appearance on the About Happiness Show on Alternative Talk Radio.
Erica is passionate about teaching mindfulness as an effective way to find an inner refuge of stillness and sanity in our increasingly stressful lives. From personal experience she knows just how transformative mindfulness practices are in learning to live well no matter what the circumstances of our lives. Drawing on more than 30 years of meditation training and practice, Erica is the author of the CD “Finding Tranquility-Guided Mindfulness Meditations for Stressful Times,” and an upcoming book on cancer and mindfulness.
I grew up in England where I trained and worked as an Occupational Therapist. Since moving to the USA, I have lived in several states before settling in the Pacific Northwest.
- Occupational Therapist - state psychiatric hospital in England.
- Head Occupational Therapist - Group Psychotherapy Clinic in England
- Institute of Group Analysis - London
- Psychodrama training
- Certified Expressive Arts Therapist
- Process Oriented Psychology.
Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology with emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, California.
- Alliance Community Psychotherapy Clinic – Two-year internship in psychoanalytically- oriented psychotherapy.
- C.G. Jung Professional Seminar Program - Two-year course at North Pacific Institute for Analytical Psychology
- Center for Object Relations and Northwest Family Development Center - Working Analytically with Infants and Parents - Infant Observation analytic training - Listening Mothers Group Facilitator training.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Professional Training – Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Washington State License
- Mental Health Counselor License # MC 60169755
- Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study
- Seattle C. G. Jung Society
- Center for Object Relations and Northwest Family Development Center.
- Seattle Counselors Association
- Puget Sound Group Psychotherapy Network
Questions, appointments or more information
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.